:Project is a student-based initiative dedicated to promoting innovative, forward thinking artistic projects as a means for art students to build their professional skills as working artists.
- Designed to help students improve valuable skills such as writing proposals; designing, curating, and installing exhibitions
- Giving students an invaluable opportunity to converse and collaborate with real-world professionals.
Providing a space for innovative projects in the fine arts for exploration in forward-thinking art forms.
- Available for students at the college level. Prospective applicants must be either in school at the time of their exhibition, or no more than one year graduated from their degree.
- ACS will award the selected proposals with a budget up to $1000 to cover the costs of producing the exhibit.
- Interested students should review the guidelines below for application.
- Each project should be proposed with the space in mind. Before submitting a proposal, visit ACS to view the space (Gallery 3).
- Proposals received will be reviewed for consideration on a rolling basis.
Letter of Reference from one (1) instructor regarding the project
An outline of the proposed exhibition with artist’s statement/concept indicating the participating artist(s), works to be included, description of how the exhibition will be presented, and the cultural relevance of the exhibition to the viewers of Sarasota
A CD with up to 20 Jpeg files of works to be included in exhibition, or examples of similar works and exhibitions
A title list to accompany the images on CD that includes the title of the work, the medium, the size, the year it was created, and the price
A proposed budget outlining the cost to produce the exhibition, not to exceed $1,000.00
All applications should be mailed to:
Art Center Sarasota
707 N Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34236
If selected, it will be the sole responsibility of the applicant(s) to curate, install and take down the show and to leave the gallery in the original condition. The applicant(s) must provide a timeline to the Exhibitions Curator 6 months prior to the project installation. The Curator will mentor and advise the artists. The Art Center will provide the space and lighting, advertise the exhibition on postcards, banners and gallery guides and provide object labels and text panels if needed.