Juried Rules and Fees
Juried Exhibition Rules and Regulations PRINTABLE VERSION
Non-Members: 1 piece $30; 2 pieces $50; 3 pieces $65; diptych $45; triptych $55;
Members: 1 piece $20; 2 pieces $30; 3 pieces $35; diptych $25; triptych $35; quadriptych $45
Student-Members: $5/per piece
In an effort to maintain best gallery practices, Art Center Sarasota (ACS) implements the following rules and regulations for this juried exhibition. We ask that potential submitters read and adhere to the rules as we will not accept artworks that do not comply. Observing the following points ensures your artwork is exhibited in the best way possible.
When entering work, we will now be asking for more specifics on your medium and base. WE highly recommend that photographs, prints and digital art is numbered in an edition. Click here to view the additional info needed. (Its not much)
ORIGINALITY & PRINTS
• Because of the misuse of the word “giclée,” ACS no longer refers to copies and reproductions of original works of art as such. Giclée refers to a method, not an object.
• Please be mindful of copyright infringements – BE ORIGINAL!
DIPTYCHS, TRIPTYCHS & QUADRIPTYCHS
• Any entry weighing over 40 lbs. must be handled by the artist and prior arrangements for its placement made with the Exhibition Coordinator.
TWO DIMENSIONAL ART and FRAMING
NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS! If an alternative method of hanging is required for the piece, it must be cleared with the Exhibitions Curator in advance of its submission to the show.
THREE DIMENSIONAL ART
STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY
Five Awards are given per show: First, Second, and Third Place plus two Merit Awards. First place winner receives $500.00, Second Place $300.00, Third Place $200.00, and each Merit Award winner receives a gift certificate to a local arts supply store. To celebrate the high level of creativity in each exhibition, jurors also select a number of Honorable Mentions. Artists must personally receive payment for award either at the opening reception or after. All winners are required to fill out a W9 form prior to receiving cash prize.
To better market your work in the galleries, it is important for visitors and prospective buyers to know the details of the mediums you have used to create your artworks.
DESCRIPTIONS FOR ARTWORKS ON ENTRY FORMS
Please choose the type of medium as well as the base material
· Collage (state up to 4 materials used)
>(Optional, but a good idea!) Numbered as part of an edition* i.e: 1/20, 6/50
*Indicate edition # on the front or back of your submitted work
· Screen Print
· Mono Print (no edition)
· Metal (type)
· Wood (type)
· Other: (specify)
· Photograph (image with standard editing, whether film or digital)
· Photographic Composite (combination of 1 or more photos)
· Digitally enhanced photograph (manipulated, altered, using software)
· Digital Art (image based on photography, or totally created digitally)